Blogging Marathon# 66: Week 1/ Day 2
Theme: 3 Veggies that are Fruit
Dish: Tomato Cheese Pesto Sandwich
Tomato is probably the most popular vegetable that is in fact a fruit. Today I have a simple sandwich recipe that needs just a few ingredients but tastes absolutely amazing — Tomato Cheese Sandwich with Pesto.This dish doesn’t really need a recipe. Assemble the ingredients listed in the name, pile them on bread and enjoy as is or if you like the cheese melted and the bread toasted, then grill the sandwich. I like it toasted, so that’s how I served it.Speaking of tomato, I was so excited to see the little flowers on my backyard tomato plants ( my 3 year old was ecstatic about the little tomatoes that were just developing), but the deer ate them ALL in one night. This is the first year that happened and I was so disappointed. Initially it was exciting to see the deer in the neighborhood (silly me took some pictures of them too), but now I wish they go back to where they came from.We fenced and meshed up our little raised garden and the first thing I do everyday is to peek into the backyard to see if everything’s alright. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can enjoy some of the tomatoes before deer get to them. Anyway in the meantime enjoy this easy to make sandwich.
Tomato Cheese Sandwich with Pesto
- 2 Bread Whole grain Slices
- 1 Tomato Medium , thinly sliced
- 2 Mozzarella cheese Fresh slices
- 1 tbsp Pesto (homemade or store bought)
- To taste Salt Pepper &
- Spread pesto on one side of the bread slices. Top with tomato and mozzarella, sprinkle with salt and pepper, press and serve.
- If you want, grill the sandwich until nicely toasted and the cheese has melted.