Today’s lunch is simple Andhra food, nothing fancy but full of homemade goodness.
Servings: 68 serving
- 1 cup Toor dal (Kandi pappu)
- 3 Tomatoes – ripe, chopped
- 3 chilies Green – chopped
- 6 Curry leaves
- ½ tsp chili powder Red
- 1 tsp masala Kitchen King (optional)
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 chilies Dry Red
- to taste Salt
- Pressure cook dal until soft and mushy.
- Heat 2tsp oil in a saucepan; add the mustard and cumin seeds; after they splutter add red chilies and hing, sauté for few seconds.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, green chilies; cover and cook until tomatoes are cooked and turn mushy.
- Add cooked dal, red chili powder, masala powder and salt; simmer for 10 minutes on medium flame.
Serve with rice or roti.I had my pappannam with gongura pachadi.