Buffet on Table: Week 3 — Condiments from Countries
Day 16: Greece – Tzatziki Sauce
My husband has an aversion to yogurt — he can’t tell it’s smell, color or texture. I enjoy yogurt based dishes quite a bit but don’t make them often. Even though I was tempted to try tzatziki at home, I was never really motivated enough. So this condiments week was the perfect time to make this dip and enjoy it all by myself 🙂
I saw this recipe in Cooking Light magazine on one of my trips to the library. That issue had a beautiful spread of non-cook summer sauces perfect for this week’s theme. I noted the recipes down and the idea to make this Tzatziki sauce and the Muhammara came from that article.
- 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt (2% reduced fat)
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup English Cucumber , finely chopped or grated
- 1½ tbsps Dill Fresh , chopped
- 1 ~ 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 clove Garlic , finely minced
- to taste Salt Pepper &
- Place cucumber on a kitchen towel; squeeze and remove the excess liquid.
- Combine cucumber and the remaining ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Chill for 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 days.
- I served it with chickpea croquettes and pita.