VeganMofo Day 8: This is going to be a quick post with a delicious Banana-chocolate chip cupcake recipe. I wanted to use up some of the very ripe bananas that I had on hand and found this recipe. Though I was only able to use only of the 1 of the said bananas, I was happy I tried the recipe. These cupcakes are moist with subtle banana flavor and the almond extract totally complements the flavors.
Banana-Chocolate Chip Cupcake
- 1 ½ cups Banana - large mashed
- 1¼ cups All purpose flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup Rice milk Soy milk or
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil Vegetable oil /
- 1½ tsps Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Almond extract
- ½ cup Chocolate Vegan Semisweet Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with paper or silicon liners.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine oil, milk, both the extracts and mashed banana.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine until well mixed.
- Finally add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan about ¾ of the way full. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and bake for 24-26 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing the cupcakes onto the wire rack to cool completely.