VeganMofo Day 27: I had to make some snacks or treats for my son’s Kindergarten class yesterday and I decided to try these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies that I found at Erica’s Sweet Tooth blog. I had all the ingredients on hand and the resultant cookies turned out delicious. Feedback from my son’s class also came back positive (you know how brutally honest a bunch of 5 year olds can be).
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate Vegan Chips
- ¼ cup soy milk
- 10 tbsps Vegan Butter (I used Earth Balance Stick) or use 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp molasses Dark
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips in a bowl.
- In another bowl, cream butter (or oil) and sugar and light and fluffy. Add soy milk, vanilla and molasses, mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Form dough into small balls and place them on the baking sheet. Press lightly to flatten the cookies.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden and baked.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then place them on a wire rack until completely cool.