Moist and delicious Vegan Gluten-free Banana bread – great to eat for breakfast or as an after-school snack.
Its time to bake for this month’s Bread Bakers and I’m hosting this month with ‘catch-up’ theme. I always plan to participate every month, but some months things don’t go as planned and I missed a few Bread Bakers events last year. I’m catching up on ‘Gluten-free’ bakes from last July. I made this moist and delicious Vegan Gluten-free Banana Bread.I had a bag of gluten free flour in the pantry that I had to use up, so made this quick banana bread with it. I haven’t tried gluten-free baking with special flours, so this is my first time baking with this flour. It has xantham gum already added in it, so if you are using a flour without it, you will have to add it.I realized baking banana bread teaches many life lessons. For example, you won’t have ripe bananas when you really really want to bake banana bread. On the contrary, you will have a bowl full of ripe bananas and not a minute to spare to bake. Apply this to everything in life now 😉
This gluten-free banana bread turned out so moist and delicious. It looks just like the regular one and cuts beautifully. There is no tell tale sign that this is made with gluten-free flours. It’s a great recipe to try if you are just starting this kind of baking.
Check out what my fellow Bread Bakers have baked this month:
- Adjaruli Khachapuri from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Big Batch Dinner Rolls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Breudher Cake from Passion Kneaded
- Coriander Garlic Pull apart Bread from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Cranberry English Muffins from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Eggless Oats Banana Bread from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Fig Jam Friands from All That’s Left Are the Crumbs
- Garlic Cheese and Herbs Pull apart Bread from Ambrosia
- Herbed Wholewheat Garlic Knots from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Keema Naan from The Schizo Chef
- Peperoncini Focaccia Bread from Sneha’s Recipe
- Savory Almond Meal Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Sourdough Cinnamon Buns from Baking Sense
- Steamed Apple Date Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Vegan Gluten-free Banana Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Whole Wheat Palak Naan from Cook with Renu
- Yeasted Lemon Bundt Cake from Anybody Can Bake
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected].
Vegan Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- 2 cups Gluten-free flour*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup Oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp Egg replacer powder (or ground flax seeds) whisked in ¼ cup of water
- 4~5 Ripe Bananas, mashed (1½ cup)
- 2 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Vegan Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9"x5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat oil and sugar until sugar has dissolved. Add the egg replacer mixture, milk, vanilla and mashed banana. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix only until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45~50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the bread cool for at least 10 minutes in the pan before turning it out onto a cooling rack before slicing.
- Make sure that the gluten free flour has Xantham gum as one of the ingredient.