Blogging Marathon# 41: Week 3/ Day 1
Theme: E-N Breakfast Items
Dish: M for McMuffin — Vegetarian McMuffin Sandwich
For the final day of breakfast week for blogging marathon, I made M for McMuffin. McMuffin is a family of sandwiches served at the famous fast food restaurant chain McDonald’s. The egg mcmuffin is the signature breakfast sandwich.
Unfortunately in the US, there are very limited options for vegetarians. It has been years when I last went to McD’s. But I’ve heard that the Indian McD’s have quite a few vegetarian options. My son is looking forward to his India trip this summer to visit Indian McD’s.
This is a copycat recipe to make McMuffin sandwich right at home. The sandwiches can be made and frozen for later consumption. I topped my egg with avocado and tomato.
Vegetarian McMuffin Sandwich
For the Baked Egg:
- 4 Eggs Large
- to taste Salt Pepper &
- 4 Cheese Slices (I used American cheese)
To make Egg McMuffin:
- 4 English Muffins
- 1 Avocado - thinly sliced
- 1 Tomato - thinly sliced
- To Bake the Eggs: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease 4 oven safe ramekins or a jumbo muffin tim with cooking spray. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet for ease of handling.
- Break 1 egg in each of the ramekins. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top and run a knife a knife through the egg yolk to spread it. Bake for 25~30 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 2~3 minutes before adding the cheese slice.