Today’s the last day of our 7 day blogging marathon. I’m going to miss doing this every day and will miss all of my fellow marathoners. I have an excellent 30 minute meal recipe that is very versatile and super delicious.
Tacos are nothing but corn or flour tortillas wrapped around a filling. I used ingredients I had on hand to make the filling, but there are endless variations to make these. Here’s how I put my tacos together.
Vegetarian Tacos with Soy Chorizo, Beans & Spinach
- 6 oz Soy chorizo – . (½ of 12oz. package) (substitute with 1 cup of cooked soy granules or TVP instead)
- ¼ cup Black beans
- 1 cup Spinach – chopped (thawed if frozen)
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 Onion – medium, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic – minced
- ¼ tsp Red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- to taste Salt
- Pepper jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Grape tomatoes etc.
- Heat 2tsp oil in a sauce pan; add red pepper flakes, onions and garlic and sauté until onions are lightly browned around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Add the soy chorizo and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Next add tomato paste, cayenne pepper, salt and mix well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle some water if the mixture starts to stick to the pan.
- Add spinach, salt and black beans; cover covered until spinach wilts and beans are heated through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Warm taco shells and place 2-3 tbsp of filling in the middle, top with your favorite garnishes and serve.