The best thing about this recipe is that it uses ultra ripe mottled bananas which is usually what I end up after a week of eating bananas. Also these are made with 100% Whole wheat flourThese muffins are very moist and pleasantly dense.
It has been a busy and fun weekend with my aunt and uncle visiting us. We took them to New York and saw Lady Liberty after a long time. We also went to 911Memorial. Even though we live very very close to New York and see the NYC skyline everyday this is the first time we went to the memorial. The new freedom tower is so magnificent and breathtaking. I don’t have the pictures of either Statue of Liberty or the memorial, I have pics of the beautiful NYC skyline and the pirate boat.
Whole wheat Banana Chocolate-Chip Muffins
- 2 cups Whole wheat flour
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil Unsalted butter or
- ½ cup dark brown Sugar Light or
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Ground
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg Ground
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cups Bananas Mashed ripe (about 3 medium bananas)
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 Eggs -I used egg replacer powder instead and it worked great
- cup Chocolate Chops - ⅔
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Beat oil/ butter, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Add the banana, honey, eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour and chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, they will be nearly full.
- Bake the muffins until a cake tester comes out clean when inserted n the center, about 20~25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and after couple of minutes transfer the muffins to a rack to cool.