Indian style Tadka Pasta
This Indian style tadka pasta needs just a few ingredients to make and tastes absolutely delicious. This 30 minute meal is perfect for a quick meal or pack for lunch.
- 1 cup Penne or Shortcut Pasta (I used veggie flavored pasta)
- 2 tsp Ghee or butter (coconut oil, if vegan)
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 1~2 Dry Red Chilies, broken
- 6~8 curry leaves
- 1 medium Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 cups Spinach, chopped
- 1 cup Cooked Chickpeas
- ½ tsp Garam Masala, optional
- To taste salt
Cook pasta accordingly to package instructions. Drain the pasta and reserve the cooking liquid.
In a pan, melt the ghee/ butter and add the mustard, cumin seeds, red chilies and curry leaves; once the seeds start pop, add the onions and garlic. Cook until fragrant and the onions are getting lightly browned around the edges.
Add spinach and chickpeas; cook till spinach is wilted, about 3~4 minutes.
Season with salt and add the pasta. Stir in the pasta cooking water to get the desired consistency. Serve hot and ENJOY!!