Uruguayan Bean Salad
Colorful, healthy and delicious Uruguayan Bean Salad. Traditionally this salad is served with cocktails and steaks, but is great with any meal.
- 2 cups Small Red Kidney beans or Pinto Beans*
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Medium Tomato, seeded and chopped
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Parsley or cilantro, chopped
- To taste Salt Pepper
- Traditionally porotos or small dark, rectangular beans with an earthy flavor are used in this salad. Fava beans come closest in flavor, but kidney or pinto beans can also be used.