Vegetable Idli is a colorful and veggie packed version of traditional plain idli. They are great anytime of the day - for breakfast, lunch or snack.
- 3 cups Idli Batter
- ¼ cup Carrot, grated
- ¼ cup Green Beans, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Spinach, finely chopped
- 2~3 Green Chilies, finely chopped
- 1" piece Ginger, finely grated
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- 3 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
- To taste salt
In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients. Lightly grease idli plates.
Pour enough batter into each mold and place the idli plates in a steamer. Steam for 10~12 minutes until the idli are cooked. Gently remove each idli mold and enjoy hot with chutney and/ or chutney powder.