Cheese Pizza Pops
Easy to make Pizza Pops recipe with cheese filling. These bite sized poppers are just perfect for after-school snack for the kids.
For the Pizza Dough:
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup Wholewheat flour
- 1 tsp Instant Yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ salt salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup Luke Warm Water
For the Filling:
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce (homemade or storebought)
- 1 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- To taste kosher salt, for sprinkling
For the Pizza Dough:
Combine flours, instant yeast, salt, sugar, olive oil and water in a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix and knead to form a smooth, pliable dough. Takes about 10 minutes by hand and 7~8 minutes on a stand mixer.
Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover and set aside for about 1½~2 hours.
Make Pizza Pops:
Preheat the oven to 500°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Gently deflate the dough and divide the dough into 2 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ¼" thick rectangle that is 4" wide and 14~16" long.
Down one side of the dough, place about 1tsp of the filling about 1" apart. Fold the dough over the filling and pinch it close. Cut the dough around the filling and pinch all the seams shut. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Place the pizza pops on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt.
Bake for 8~10 minutes or until the pizza pops are golden and baked. Remove from the oven and serve hot. Enjoy!!
- Use 100% all-purpose flour to make the recipe.
- To make these for a crowd, double or triple the quantities to make pizza dough.
- Some delicious filling ideas:
- steamed broccoli, chopped
- chopped spinach
- crumbled vegetarian sausage
- lightly sauteed onions, peppers
- Make sure not to overfill the pizza pockets. Less is more in this case.
- Store leftover baked pizza pops in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Warm in the microwave before serving.
- To make these ahead of time, freeze unbaked poppers in a ziploc bag for upto 3 months.