Spring Vegetable Pasta
Spring vegetable pasta is a quick and easy to make dish that is both colorful and flavorful. This dish uses fresh spring vegetables and takes less than 30 minutes to cook.
- 8 oz. Penne or other shortcut pasta
- 12~15 Fresh Asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup Fresh Green Peas (or use frozen peas)
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ cup Low Sodium Vegetable Stock
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, diced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil or Parsley, chopped
- To taste Salt & Pepper
Cook pasta as per package directions until al dente. Drain and reserve ½ cup of pasta cooking water.
Heat 2tbsp olive oil in a large saute pan. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add the asparagus and cook till slightly tender, about 3~4 minutes.
Stir in the cherry tomatoes and peas. Cook for 2~3 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Cook till the tomatoes start to burst, about 3 more minutes.
Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked pasta and the reserved pasta cooking water, if needed. Sprinkle the chopped basil or parsley and add the cheese. Serve right away.