Creamy Brussel Sprouts Curry
Creamy Brussels Sprouts Curry is an interesting and delicious preparation with Brussels sprouts. It is a perfect side dish to serve with rice or roti.
- 3 cups Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter (soak 3tbsp cashews or almonds and grind into a paste)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp Red Chili powder (adjust as per taste preference)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala (or Curry powder)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- To taste salt
Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and once they start to splutter, add the onions and garlic. Cook till the onions turn translucent.
Add the Brussels sprouts and turmeric. Cook till the sprouts are almost cooked through, about 8~10 minutes.
Add the tomato, garam masala, red chili powder and salt. Cover and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
Add the coconut milk, almond butter and some water; bring to a simmer and cook for 3~4 minutes. Adjust the seasoning and serve with rice or bread.