For the Carrot Halwa Filling:
- 1 cup Carrot Halwa
- ¼ cup Cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- ¼ cup Graham Cracker/ digestive biscuit crumbs*
- 1 tablespoon Melted Ghee/ Unsalted Butter
- ⅓ cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1~2 tablespoons Confectioners Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Saffron extract or vanilla extract
- Few Strands Saffron
- 1 tablespoon Pistachios or almonds, chopped
For the crust:
Grind graham cracker/ digestive biscuits into coarse powder. Pour into a small bowl and add melted ghee/ butter. Mix to form a sandy textured crumbs.
Place about 1 tablespoon of the mixture in the bottom of the serving glasses. Lightly press with the back of the spoon to compact it. Let chill for at least 10 minutes.
For the cheesecake:
Add softened, room temperature cream cheese to carrot halwa. Stir in ground cardamom and mix well until creamy.
Divide this carrot halwa cheesecake mixture between the serving glasses. Put them back in the fridge while you make the whipped cream.
For the Whipped Cream Topping:
Beat cream along with confectioners sugar, saffron extract and saffron strands until stiff peaks form.
Top each of the serving glasses with quarter of the whipped cream. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving.
- Grind about 4~6 graham crackers or digestive biscuits in a food processor until smooth.
- Make sure that the carrot halwa is not too thick. Thin it out with some milk, so that it mixes well with cream cheese.
- Make sure the cream cheese soft and at room temperature. This is very important to get a smooth halwa layer.
- The crunchy component comes from graham cracker crumbs, but you can also use crushed digestive biscuits.
- Store bought cool whip can be used instead of heavy cream. This saves time, if you are making a big batch.
- These can be made up to 2 days in advance.
Serving: 1Cheesecake | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 2269IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg