Chinese Tofu Skin Noodles | Fu Pei Guen
This is a very easy to make Chinese stir fry dish made with rehydrated yuba noodles and bok choy, It is a simple and absolutely delicious side dish.
- 8 oz Dried Tofu skins aka Yuba
- 3 ~ 4 bunches Small Bok Choy bunches, roughly chopped
- 2 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 3 ~ 4 Dried red chilies, broken
- 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1 ~ 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- To taste Salt
Soak tofu skin a large bowl of water for about 30 minutes or until softened. Remove from water. Roll the skins into a cylinder and cut them crosswise into 1/4" slices.
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the tofu strands and simmer for about 10~15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
Heat 2tbsp oil in a wok or pan over high heat. Add bok choy and stir fry until tender crisp, about 1~2 minutes. Add the green onion and garlic and stir fry until light brown and fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add dry red chilies, tofu skin and soy sauce. Stir fry until tofu skins absorb the seasonings. Season to taste with salt.
Remove from heat and sizzle in the sesame oil. Serve immediately.
- Bok Choy can be substituted with other greens like fresh spinach, kale, swiss chard.
- Chinese or Korean chives are a great addition to this dish.