Roasted Tomato Tabbouleh
Tabbouleh with roasted tomatoes. Bulgur is rather bland by itself, but adding roasted tomatoes and fresh herbs adds much needed flavor.It tastes tastier as it sits. This salad is great for summer parties and barbecues. It can also be served in a Middle Eastern platter.
- 1 cup Bulgur (Cracked wheat)
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes (or use 4~6 Plum tomatoes)
- 1 cup Basil Fresh , finely chopped
- 1 cup Mint , finely chopped
- 1 cup Parsley , finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic , finely minced
- 2 tbsps Sherry Vinegar (or use white wine vinegar)
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps Green Onions , finely chopped
- 2 tbsps Lemon juice
- To taste Salt Pepper &
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Combine chopped herbs in a small bowl.
Toss the tomatoes with garlic, vinegar and 1tsp olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Add 2tbsp of the chopped herbs and mix well. Roast until tomatoes begin to soften and shrivel a little bit, about 12~15 minutes. Let cool.
Add roasted tomato mixture to the cooked bulgur, along with remaining chopped herbs, olive oil, scallions, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Gently toss and serve.