Pasta Salad with Black Beans
This creamy and delicious cold pasta salad with black beans is a great recipe to make for potlucks and picnics. Recipe uses everyday pantry ingredients.
- 8 oz Penne Pasta
- 15 oz . can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Medium Carrots, finely diced
- 1 Small Red Pepper, finely diced
- 1 Small Yellow Pepper, finely diced
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Oregano, finely chopped
For the Dressing:
- 3 tbsps Vegan Mayonnaise (use regular mayo if not vegan)
- 2 tbsps Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsps Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
Cook pasta until tender according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, Italian seasoning, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Mix well.
In a mixing bowl, combine beans, chopped veggies, herbs and cooked pasta. Stir in the dressing and mix well to coat everything evenly.
Chill the salad for at least 3~4 hours for the flavors to mingle. Serve over crispy greens and enjoy!!
- This pasta salad can be made at least 2 days in advance. Keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Use your favorite veggies in the recipe - steamed broccoli and cauliflower are great options.