I am always looking for opportunities to try new dishes, so last weekend I took this pasta dish when I went to meet my blog buddies, Sushma, Rajani, Usha, Mir and Amara. The good thing about this dish is it can be made ahead of time and chilled until ready to serve, which makes it a great dish to make for picnics. barbecues or for take along lunches.
Pasta Salad with Black Beans
- 8 oz Pasta . Penne
- 1 15 oz . cans Black Beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 Carrots Medium , finely diced
- 1 Red Pepper Small , finely diced
- 1 Pepper Small Yellow , finely diced
- 1 Onion Small , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Basil Fresh , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Oregano Fresh , finely chopped
For the Dressing:
- 3 tbsps Vegan Mayonnaise (use regular mayo if not vegan)
- 2 tbsps Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsps Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- To taste Salt Pepper &
- Cook pasta until tender according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, Italian seasoning, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine beans, chopped veggies, herbs and cooked pasta. Stir in the dressing and mix well to coat everything evenly.
- Chill the salad for at least 3~4 hours for the flavors to mingle. Serve over crispy greens and enjoy!!