Wish you all a very Happy & Prosperous New Year 2010. Hope the new year brings you lots of happiness & luck in all ways always.
I want to end this year on a sweet note. This recipe is from my mom. It is quick and simple to make, but looks rich and tastes awesome.
- ¼ cup Sooji
- 2 Carrot – small, grated
- ¼ cup Dry fruits nuts & – all together ( I used cashews, almonds & raisins)
- 1/3 cup Sugar – (or more as per taste)
- 2 cups Milk – (I used 1 cup each of whole & 1%)
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Ground
- , 2 pinch Saffron milk – mixed in tbsps warm
- Heat 1tbsp ghee in a pan; fry the nuts & raisins until golden and keep aside.
- In the same pan; add 1tbsp ghee and sooji; cook till sooji changes color and smells fragrant. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan; sauté carrot till it doesn’t smell raw anymore. Set aside.
- Bring milk to a simmer and add sugar. After sugar dissolves, add sooji & carrot and cook on low flame until slightly thick, about 5-7 minutes. Finally add elaichi & saffron. Serve hot, cold or at room temp.