Blogging Marathon# 43: Week 2/ Day 3
Theme: Navarthri — Festival Special
Dish: Rava Kesari (Godhuma rawa Kesari)
Since my husband is milk-phobic, I usually skip it or add only just a little bit to give the kesari/ halwa some creaminess. It takes about 12~15 minutes total to make this dish and all you need is 3~4 ingredients.
Rava Kesari (Godhuma rawa Kesari)
- ½ cup Rava Godhuma / Dalia
- 1½ cups Water Milk and/ or (adjust the quantity of water and milk as per your taste preference)
- ½ cup Sugar (adjust as per taste)
- ½ tsp Cardamom Ground
- 1 tbsp Cashews
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- Heat 2tsp ghee in a pan; fry the cashews and raisins until golden. Remove into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1tbsp ghee in the same pan; add the rawa and toast it until golden, about 3~4 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the water and/ or milk and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until rawa is completely cooked through and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the sugar and mix well. The halwa will get liquidy first and will thicken in few minutes. Stir in ground cardamom and the fried dry fruit.