24 dishes from Southern Hemisphere - explore the delicious cuisines from this region without leaving your home. Included in the round up are soups, salads, breads, main dishes and even desserts.
Did you know that there are 41 countries in the Southern Hemisphere?? I didn't know either until I took up 'Explore Southern Hemisphere cuisine' for blogging marathon.
If you want to learn some interesting recipes from these 41 countries, here are 24 delicious dishes to start with. Thanks to my lovely BM buddies, we have everything from soups to desserts - all in one place.
Dishes from the Southern Hemisphere:
So here are 24 delicious dishes from the Southern Hemisphere. We have covered all the courses from soups & salads to desserts. We also covered many countries in the southern hemisphere.
Soups & Salads:
- Sandhya's Kachumbari | Kenyan Tomato and Onion Salad
- Mir's Ecuadorian Pasta Cheese Soup with Potatoes
- Srividhya's Vegetarian Ceviche Salad from South America
- Kalyani's Choclo Al Camino | Peruvian Style Corn dish
- Pavani's Vegan Feijoada | Brazilian Black Bean Stew
- Pavani's Uruguayan Bean Salad
- Kalyani's Ecuadorian Quinoa Stew with veggies
Breads & Beverages
- Sandhya's Lolo Buns | Fijian Coconut Buns
- Sandhya's Pão de Queijo | Brazilian Cheese Bread
- Mir's Api Morada | Bolivian Purple Cornmeal Smoothie
- Priya Suresh's Mupotohayi a-k-a Chimodho | Zimbabwe Cornmeal Bread
- Gayathri's El Submarino | Argentine Hot Chocolate
- Rajani's Kenyan Masala Chai
Main Dishes & Snacks
- Srividhya's Roasted Cauliflower Steaks from Australia
- Srividhya's Vegan Bunny Chow from South Africa
- Kalyani's Gram Bouilli | Mauritian Snack
- Pavani's Mauritian Dholl Puri
- Rajani's Githeri | Kenyan Bread & Maize dish