Blogging Marathon# 64: Week 1/ Day 3
Theme: Detox Diet
Dish: Detox Soup with Carrot & Green Beans
It is a simple soup with carrot and green beans. Make the full batch on the first day and you are good to go for the next 2 days. Hot soup is poured over fresh spinach and chopped dill and then steeped for 5 minutes for the greens to wilt.
This soup is a soothing option to make anytime of the year. Turmeric, a popular spice used in Indian cooking, is an especially rich source of curcumin, an antioxidant that fights inflammation.
Detox Soup with Carrots & Green Beans
- 5 ~ 6 Carrots Medium , diced
- 8 oz Green Beans . , chopped
- 10 cups Water
- 1 Onion Large , chopped
- 3 tbsps Extra virgin Olive oil
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 3 cups Spinach Baby
- 3 tbsps Dill Fresh , chopped
- 2 Lemons , halved
- To taste Salt Pepper &
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and add onions. Cook for 4~5 minutes or until the onions turn translucent.
- Next add carrots, turmeric, salt and water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15~18 minutes or until carrots get are just tender. Add the green beans and cook until they are just tender, about 4~5 minutes.
- To serve Soup: Place 1cup of baby spinach and 1tbsp chopped dill in the bottom of the soup serving bowl. Ladle 3cups of hot soup over the greens, cover with a plate and let steep for 5 minutes. Squeeze some lemon juice and serve right away.