Blogging Marathon# 53: Week 3/ Day 2
Theme: 3 Ingredient Recipes
Dish: Marinara Sauce
I always keep store bought pasta sauce in the pantry, but there are occasions when I run out of my stock and this recipe is comes in very handy.
All this recipe needs is canned tomato, garlic cloves, basil and 15~20 minutes of cook time. It has a beautiful red color and is subtly flavored with the garlic and basil. Serve it with pasta, as pizza sauce or as dipping sauce.
3 Ingredient Marinara Sauce
- 1 28 oz Tomatoes . Canned (whole,diced or crushed)
- 4 cloves Garlic , finely minced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Basil , chopped
- to taste Salt Pepper &
- If using whole or diced tomatoes, blend them until smooth.
- In a deep, wide pan; heat the oil and garlic. Once the garlic starts to sizzle, slowly add the tomatoes.
- Cook uncovered on medium flame, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens about 15~20 minutes. Serve with pasta and enjoy!!