Bake-a-thon 2016: Day 3
Bake of the day: Almond Cacao Nib Cookies
Baking cookies is one of my favorite thing to do during the holiday season. I saw the recipe for these Cacao nib biscuits and added them to my holiday baking list. These Almond cacao nib cookies are easy to put together and they turn out crispy and delightful. Almond flavor comes in the form of almond meal/ flour in these cookies. You can choose to ground your almonds or you can use store bought almond meal or flour, like I did. Cacao nibs are one of my latest favorite ingredient, they are slightly sweet and slightly bitter. So they add a nice crunch and delicious taste to these cookies.
The dough for these cookies is very easy to work with, almost like play doh. You can either cut out the cookies using a cookie cutter or be rustic and cut them into squares. Either way they turn out crispy and delicious.They keep well in an airtight container for up to 1 week. So make a batch and keep them in the cookie jar for the holiday guests, I am sure they'll love them.
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2016.
[inlinkz_linkup id=680533 mode=1]
Almond Cacao Nib Cookies
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1¼ cups Almond flour/ meal
- ¼ cup Cocoa Nibs
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- As needed Granulated Sugar, for sprinkling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract, heavy cream and mix well.
- Sift in flour and baking powder into the bowl, then add in the almond meal/ flour and cocoa nibs. Mix well until just combined.
- Wrap the dough in a cling wrap and chill it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- In the mean time, preheat the oven to 350°F. Roll out the chilled dough into 4mm thick disc.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough or slice them into squares with a sharp knife.
- Place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 14~16 minutes or until they are lightly golden and crisp. Sprinkle the granulated sugar on top and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.