Soft and delicious Vegan Chocolate Chip donuts that are very easy to put together.
This is my final post for this year’s #Choctoberfest. Thanks to Allison for being a wonderful host and opening up the weekend to post as well. I’m going to miss the fun and hopefully I will get to join the event again next year. So today I have a very easy to make Vegan Chocolate Chip Donuts that are 100% approved by my kids.As I was thinking on what to make for the last day, I came across this delicious donut recipe at King Arthur flour. I recently bought a donut pan and these looked just perfect to make in them. The recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make — including prep time and baking time.With the sugar that Imperial Sugar sent for #Choctoberfest I had all the sugar I needed to make the recipe. I waited for my 5 year old to come back from school to help me make these donuts. She’s a great whisker and loves to lick the bowl clean afterwards 🙂 Sweet things happen when families are together in the kitchen. Since 1843, Imperial Sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations. This holiday season, create some lifelong memories when you bake with love and Imperial Sugar.I added some chocolate chips for good measure because chocolate makes everything better and of course this is #Choctoberfest 🙂 I dipped some of the donuts is a chocolate glaze to jazz them up a little bit. They tasted good both with and without the glaze.
These donuts turned out soft and absolutely delicious. My kids LOVED these and they were coming back for more every few minutes. I baked half the batch in mini donut pan and that makes them perfect for little kids.
[inlinkz_linkup id=743276 mode=1]
Vegan Chocolate Chip Donuts
For tge Donuts
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup Wholewheat Pastry Flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil (or Butter)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar (I used Imperial Sugar)
- ⅓ cup Light Brown Sugar (I used Imperial Sugar)
- 2 tbsp Egg replacer powder whisked in 6tbsp water (or use 2 large eggs)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Almond milk (or any other dairy or non-dairy milk)
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Almond milk (or any other dairy or non-dairy milk)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease 2 6-cavity or 1 12-cavity donut pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk coconut oil, oil and the sugar until well combined.
- Stir in the egg replacer mixture. Mix well.
- Next add baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Add flour and milk alternately to the bowl and mix until combined. Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly between in the prepared pans. Bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the donut comes out clean.