Mother's Day is right around the corner and I'm teaming up with Bonne Maman preserves for their Mother's Day campaign. My task was to come up with a sweet breakfast in bed recipe for Mother's Day using Bonne Maman Apricot preserves. So I these sweet and delicious Apricot Preserves & Almond Waffles. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on the banner to enter the sweep stakes to win 12 piece Le Creuset set. Bonne Maman uses the same time honored traditional French recipes to create their preserves and jellies. They are made with all natural ingredients and feature the finest quality fruit. They are non-GMO project verified, no artificial coloring or preservatives added. FYI -- Bonne Maman means Grandmother or Granny -- I thought that was so apt for this Mother's day post.When I was thinking of a sweet breakfast, the first dish that came to my mind was a Waffle. They are perfect to serve for breakfast in bed and they are easy enough to make. I love pancakes and waffles and would love if my family makes them for me 🙂
Since these waffles are Apricot Preserves & Almond Waffles, I stirred in the apricot preserves right into the batter. It provides the necessary sweetness without adding any more sugar. Also the chunky Bonne Maman apricot preserves give nice chunky, sweet, juicy bites in the waffles. Almond flour is my latest obsession. It is high in protein and low in carbs -- it is good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which is essential for brain and heart health. I've started replacing some of the flour in my baked goodies with it and they turn out absolutely delicious.I also stirred in some lightly toasted sliced almonds into the batter for some texture. These waffles are perfect to serve with apricot syrup that is made with apricot preserves. I love the idea of making syrups with jams & preserves because they are way more interesting and a nice variation to good old maple syrup.Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post for Bonne Maman preserves provided by Honest Cooking. All the opinions expressed in this post are mine.
Apricot Preserves & Almond Waffles
For the Waffles:
- 2 cups Wholewheat Pastry Flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp Egg replacer whisked in 6tbsp water (or use 2 large eggs)
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ cup Apricot Preserves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds, lightly toasted (optional)
For the Apricot Syrup:
- ½ cup Apricot Preserves
- 2 tbsp water
Make the Waffles:
- Whisk flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine oil, egg replacer mixture (or eggs), almond milk, apricot preserves and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until the ingredients are combined. Stir in the sliced almonds, if using. Set aside for 10~15 minutes.
- Preheat the waffle maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions to make waffles. I baked for 3½ minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Serve hot with some apricot syrup.
Make the Apricot Syrup:
- Combine apricot preserves with the water in a small saucepan. Cook for medium heat until the syrup gets to pouring consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
I have never come across apricot syrup. Sounds interesting.
Looks yum Pavani.