Easy to make and delicious vegan vanilla cupcakes recipe. These basic cupcakes are great as is with a simple vanilla or chocolate frosting.
Today's post is for 'Cooking from Cookbook Challenge', an event started by Valli @ Cooking4allSeasons. This basic vegan cupcake is my go-to recipe and I was surprised that I haven't posted it here yet. I have made these a number of times and they have never failed me. Recipe is from 'Vegan Cupcakes take over the World' by Isa Chandra & Terry Hope.
I made these recently for my son's birthday and took pictures to post them. This is a multipurpose, no-nonsense cupcake that is great to bake for birthdays, bake sales and baby showers.
Basic Vegan Vanilla Cupcake
- 1¼ cups All purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Unsweetened Non dairy Milk, almond, oat or soy
- 1 teaspoon Apple cider Vinegar
- ⅓ cup Canola Oil
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk the non-dairy milk and vinegar in a measuring cup and set aside for a few minutes to curdle.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk mixture, oil, sugar, vanilla until the sugar dissolves.
- Sift in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until no big lumps remain.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔rds of the way full and bake for 20~22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool completely before frosting.
wonderful cupies. such fluffy moist texture. awesome.
Wow absolutely stunning. .love the mild colour ..very neat.
Wow Pavani, those cupcakes are real stunners! I guess most of us assume we would have shared our frequently made dishes right..so good that you finally did..:)..Recipe sounds so good..and love that frosting on top..that's such an icing really..:)
Cupcake looks so cute and wonderful vegan recipe. Bookmarked.....
Spongy and very cute vegan cupcakes, thanks for this interesting recipe.. Prefectly done.
I have always been scared to try vegan baking. I have tried eggless and I just like the comfort of knowing there is diary and eggs in my cakes. But I might just take your recommendation and try this cupcake. Looks simple enough. Have you tried substituting apple cider vinegar with plain vinegar? Does it work?
Awesome cupcakes Pavani..The frosting looks very tempting though I stay away from all kinds of frosting 🙂
Awww!!! Cute Cupcakes!!!Loving that icing on top!!! 🙂
very veyr spongy and moist cake looks super yumm dear 🙂 love this vegan way !!
Awesome recipe Pavani and the cakes look really yummy! love the frosting and the little sprinkles you have on the cupcakes.
HiDo u have a pininterest icon for me to save this ?Thanks- Rupa
Hi Do u have a pin interest icon for me to save this recipeThanks- Rupa
Cake look yummm...drooling here