Easy to make and delicious vegan vanilla cupcakes recipe. These basic cupcakes are great as is with a simple vanilla or chocolate frosting.
Today's post is for 'Cooking from Cookbook Challenge', an event started by Valli @ Cooking4allSeasons. This basic vegan cupcake is my go-to recipe and I was surprised that I haven't posted it here yet. I have made these a number of times and they have never failed me. Recipe is from 'Vegan Cupcakes take over the World' by Isa Chandra & Terry Hope.
I made these recently for my son's birthday and took pictures to post them. This is a multipurpose, no-nonsense cupcake that is great to bake for birthdays, bake sales and baby showers.
Basic Vegan Vanilla Cupcake
- 1¼ cups All purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Unsweetened Non dairy Milk, almond, oat or soy
- 1 teaspoon Apple cider Vinegar
- ⅓ cup Canola Oil
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk the non-dairy milk and vinegar in a measuring cup and set aside for a few minutes to curdle.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk mixture, oil, sugar, vanilla until the sugar dissolves.
- Sift in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until no big lumps remain.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔rds of the way full and bake for 20~22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool completely before frosting.