A healthy and nutritious Cauliflower Fried rice that is colorful, filling and great to pack in the lunch box.
Today is the last day for my 'Lunch box' theme and I have a filling and colorful Cauliflower fried rice. This dish is actually made with cauliflower rice instead of real rice. It is a colorful, veggie packed dish that is great to pack in the lunch box.Cauliflower rice has become quite popular recently and I finally got on the band wagon. I bought frozen cauliflower rice, but it can very easily be made at home. Just pulse cauliflower florets until they are small and resemble rice. Cauliflower rice can be used to substitute regular rice in any rice based dish. It is quick cooking and tastes delicious.
This recipe is from Martha Stewart site and I loved how colorful it looked. It didn't have any spices, so I wasn't sure if it was going to taste too bland for my taste. But I was pleasantly surprised that the dish tasted amazing. Ginger and garlic cooked in coconut oil adds the most amazing flavor to this dish.It is a simple every day dish that is quick and easy to make. Add whatever veggies you have on hand. I added edamame to boost the protein in the dish and make it a one pot meal. Chickpeas, paneer, tofu or scrambled eggs would be great to add as well. If you crave for carbs, then use this as a filling for your wrap or sandwich.
Other Fried Recipes from my blog:
[inlinkz_linkup id=760135 mode=1]
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 2 cups Cauliflower flowers
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1" Ginger piece, finely grated
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Medium Red Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Large Carrot, julienned
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- 1 cup Frozen Edamame, thawed
- To taste Salt Pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
- Pulse cauliflower florets until finely chopped. Steam or microwave cauliflower rice until tender but make sure it does not get mushy.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan on medium-high flame. Add ginger and garlic and saute for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the onions, red pepper, carrot and cook for 4~5 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender.
- Next add the broccoli florets and edamame. Cook till broccoli is fork tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cauliflower rice and mix well. Cook for 2~3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in lemon juice. Serve hot or warm or at room temperature.