This recipe is from Indian super chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s cooking show “Khana Khazana”. This kadhi uses coconut milk instead of yogurt or buttermilk. Since my husband does not eat any yogurt based products, I wanted to try this for him. The dish turned out delicious and my DH liked it too.
Coconut Milk Kadhi
Servings: 46 serving
- 2 cups Coconut milk - (I used canned Lite )
- 2 tbsp Besan (chickpea flour)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 4 Chilies Red
- 6 Curry leaves
- Whisk in besan, turmeric and salt in coconut milk and keep aside. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Microwave or boil the veggies till tender.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a saucepan, add the tadka ingredients and after the seeds splutter add the veggies and cook for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the coconut milk mixture. On slow flame, simmer the kadhi for about 5 minutes or until the mixture does not smell raw anymore.
- Serve with steamed rice.