This recipe is from Indian super chef Sanjeev Kapoor's cooking show "Khana Khazana". This kadhi uses coconut milk instead of yogurt or buttermilk. Since my husband does not eat any yogurt based products, I wanted to try this for him. The dish turned out delicious and my DH liked it too.
- 2 cups Coconut milk - (I used canned Lite )
- 2 tbsp Besan (chickpea flour)
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 4 Chilies Red
- 6 Curry leaves
- Whisk in besan, turmeric and salt in coconut milk and keep aside. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Microwave or boil the veggies till tender.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a saucepan, add the tadka ingredients and after the seeds splutter add the veggies and cook for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the coconut milk mixture. On slow flame, simmer the kadhi for about 5 minutes or until the mixture does not smell raw anymore.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Tried this recipe?Mention @cooks_hideout or tag #cookshideout!
Coconut Kadhi! YUM!!! Looks great, will try!:))
Looks delicious.This reminds me of majjiga pulusu that my mom used to make with coconut milk.It's very tasty.Thanks for the nice recipe.:)
Wooow..i instantly fall in love with cocnut based dishes...and urs looks so gorgeous.
I love most anything made with coconut milk, it sounds really good 🙂
Yum! Never used coconut in kadhi, though I always throw it into the south indian cousin morkozhambu.
kadhi looks delecious pavani first time to your blog u have a lovely blog