BM# 70: Week 1/ Day 2
Theme: Desserts in Glasses
Dish: Individual No-Bake Butter Cheesecakes
I have Individual No bake cookie butter cheesecake today for ‘desserts in glasses’ theme. Cookie butter aka speculoos is a rich and decadent treat made with pulverized spice cookies (Biscoff), a fat (like vegetable oil or butter), flour and sugar until it’s a spreadable like nut butter. My love for speculoos started few years back when I tasted Trader Joes Speculoos and I have to say that it was love at first bite. I make sure to have a jar of it in the pantry all the time. It is mostly used as a spread for my toast and for quick desserts like this.I recently bought a box of Biscoff cookies from Costco. These cookies are quite popular in Europe during the winter months. They actually inspired me to make these cheesecakes.These no bake cheesecakes with cookie butter are creamy, decadent and oh-so delicious. Recipe is from My Baking Addiction and it has been on my to-make list for quite some time now. Finally got to make them for this week’s theme. No baking is involved in making these cheesecakes. Just whisk, mix and stir 🙂 Like I said these cheesecakes are very rich and decadent — a little goes a long way here. So use smaller serving glasses. Cream cheese thickens after refrigerating and the whipped cream gives it a nice light and airy texture.Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 70.
Individual No-Bake Cookie Butter Cheesecakes
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Speculoos (Cookie Butter) (I used Trader Joes brand)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12~16 Biscoff Cookies crushed into crumbs
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter Melted
Make the Filling:
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Reserve about a quarter of the whipped cream for the topping.
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, Speculoos and vanilla extract. Mix well into a smooth mixture.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream into the cookie butter mixture.
Make the Crust:
- Combine the melted butter and the crumbled cookies, mix well.
- Divide this mixture evenly among the serving dishes. Press lightly to form a crust.
- Scoop or pipe the filling onto the the crust. Top with the reserved whipped cream. Sprinkle some cookie butter crumbs on top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.