So when I planned this Oondhiyu meal, I had to make the Shrikhand too to make it more like the traditional Gujarati way of serving the dish. Good thing is that it takes just a few minutes to make Shrikhand if you are using Greek yogurt, but if you are using regular yogurt, then make sure to place the yogurt in a cheese cloth for a few hours to remove as much excess liquid from it as possible.
So here's a simple, creamy and delicious Kesar Shrikhand to serve as a dessert or as a side dish to pooris.
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 2 ~ 3 tbsps Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom Ground
- 5 ~ 6 strands Saffron
- 1 tbsp Milk Warm
- 2 ~ 3 tbsps Pistachios Almonds & , chopped
- Soak saffron in warm milk for 5~10 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, sugar, cardamom and the saffron. Whisk well until well combined.
- Chill for 1~2 hours for the flavors to mingle.
- Serve garnished with pistachios and almonds. Enjoy!!