Magic cookie bars are very easy to make and need just 5 minutes of hands on time. They are chewy, nutty and sweet bars that are very addictive.
I wanted to make one easy cookie recipe that didn’t take too much time. I found this a Magic cookie bars recipe on Pinterest and knew right away and they will be a bit. This is a classic recipe from the back of Eagle brand condensed milk can. They are great as edible gifts.
Layers in Magic Cookie Bars:
The beauty of these Magic cookie bars recipe is the ease with which they can be made. Layer upon layer of delicious ingredients are assembled and baked until everything comes together into a single cookie bar.
First layer is graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. This is packed into the baking pan like a crust.
Graham cracker crust is topped with a layer of sweetened condensed milk. Just pour an even layer of that creamy, sweet, milky goodness.
I was waiting for the moment I can lick that spoon. Luckily I am the only one at home obsessed with condensed milk, I cannot imagine a rival for that - there would be war 🙂 Sorry, I digressed. I actually used low fat sweetened condensed milk and it worked just fine.
Condensed milk layer is topped with shredded coconut aka coconut flakes, semi sweet chocolate chips and chopped nuts. You can use sweetened or unsweetened coconut - I used sweetened this time.
Final Nutty Layer in these Magic Cookie Bars:
If you are lazy like me and don’t want to spend time chopping nuts. Then simply use lightly crushed sliced almonds - easy, peasy. Bake for 25-30 minute and voila, chewy, caramely, chocolaty and nutty delight is ready. Little goes a long way with these, so chop the into small squares or diamonds and Enjoy!!Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon.
Magic Cookie Bars
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1½ cups Graham Cracker Crumbs (or any cookie/ wafer crumbs)
- 1 14 oz. can of Condensed Milk
- 2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 11/3 cups Coconut flakes (I used sweetened, but unsweetened will work just fine)
- 1 cup Nuts (I used almonds, but use whatever nut you like/ prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9"x13" baking pan with parchment paper. Leave an overhang on the sides for easy removal from the pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. Add this to the bottom of the pan and press to form an even layer.
- Pour the condensed milk evenly over the crumb mixture.
- Layer with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Using the back of a spoon, press down the toppings firmly.
- Bake for 25~30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven. Loosen from sides of the pan while still warm; cool on wire rack and cut into squares or diamonds.