Here’s a delicious dessert recipe for any occasion. I made it a while back and wanted to share with everyone on the eve of Valentines Day. If you are still looking for something quick and easy to make for Valentines day, then this recipe is for you.
Unlike other Valentines day desserts which are either made of chocolate or strawberry, this is made with mango — which in my opinion is more exotic than he aforementioned ingredients 🙂
Valentines day or not, this is a great dessert that can be made ahead of time. Fruit Custard is quite famous in India and as I was thinking of how make it a little more fancy, I thought why not add some mango puree I had in the fridge. The end result is this creamy mango flavored custard that serves as a great base for assorted fruit. A must try for all mango lovers.
- 500 or 2 ml cups Milk (I usually use 2% milk)
- 3 tbsps Custard powder (I use Brown Polson custard powder)
- 3 tbsps Sugar (add a little more if you like your desserts sweet)
- ½ tsp cardamom Ground
- 1 cup Mango puree (store bought or freshly made)
- banana apple grapes pomegranate almonds Assorted fruit for serving - , , , , sliced etc.
- In a small bowl, combine custard powder with ¼cup of milk. Whisk well and set aside.
- Combine rest of the milk and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, remove from heat and slowly add the custard powder mixture whisking continuously. Bring the mixture to a simmer whisking continuously until the mixture thickens, about 2-3 minutes. Finally add the mango puree and ground cardamom, mix well and cook till mango puree is heated through, about 2~3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool completely and chill it before serving.
- Serve topped with fruit and enjoy!!