This 2 ingredient Ice Cream Bread is extremely easy to make and tastes absolutely amazing.
For the final day of this week’s ‘BM MasterChef’ theme, I have a very easy and yummy recipe. It’s an Ice Cream Bread and it has just 2 ingredients. I know it sounds strange but this recipe has ice cream as one of the ingredients and yes it baked up beautifully into a bread.There were a few sweet/ dessert recipes from the MasterChef series that I really wanted to try. Brookies or brownie-cookie was definitely one of them. It’s now on the top of my to-bake list.Then there was these chocolate muffins with caramel recipe that I actually tried but they turned out a big flop. It’s probably because I turned the original recipe into an eggless one. Muffins tasted amazing but they didn’t look too good to be posted on the blog 🙁 But luckily I had already made this Ice Cream Bread and was good to go for the final day.I remember making an Ice Cream Bread few years back and it flopped big time. I can’t really remember what recipe I used or how I made it but I distinctly remember chucking the whole thing out. So when I saw this recipe on the MasterChef, I knew I had to give it another go.I am really glad that I did – the bread turned out moist, soft and yummy. I used vanilla ice cream, but feel free to use any of your favorite flavored ice cream. Also if you don’t have self raising flour, then make your own using all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
It is almost like a science experiment to see the final bread bake up so airy and yummy with just few ingredients. MasterChef suggests serving this ice cream bread with butter, but I added a chocolate ganache to make it more dessert like.Needless to say, the whole family LOVED this recipe. I am looking forward to trying more breads using pistachio, mango and chocolate flavored breads.Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 96.
Ice Cream Bread
- 1½ cups Self Raising flour*
- 2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream (use any flavor ice cream you want), melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 8½"x4½" baking pan with parchment paper - make sure to leave an overhang to remove the bread easily.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine flour and melted ice cream. Mix well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 35~40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Make your own Self raising flour by mixing 2 cups All purpose flour with 1tbsp Baking powder and ½tsp Salt. Whisk and use as needed.
- Feel free to add in some chocolate chips or chopped nuts to make the bread even more yummy!!
- Experiment with the glaze - use simple sugar glaze or lemon/ lime flavored one for a spring/ summer treat.