Blogging Marathon# 40: Week 2/ Day 2
Theme: Mango Mania
Dish: Mango Pachadi
The jaggery I used was a little dark that made the chutney a little darkish instead of the golden color in Sandhya's and Jayanthis blogs. Taste was however right on point.
Recipe from Sandhya's recipe:
- 1 Mango - large, peeled, deseeded and diced
- ½ cup Jaggery (or brown sugar) - grated (adjust as per taste)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 Green Chili - small, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- to taste Salt
- Cook mango pieces with some water until cooked through and tender.
- Add jaggery and sugar, mix well and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the mixture thickens, about 4~5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat 1tsp oil in a small saucepan, add the mustard seeds and green chilies. Once the seeds start to splutter, add the oil to the mango mixture and mix well. Enjoy!!