Blogging Marathon# 29: Week 4/ Day 1
Theme: Bookmarked Recipes
We are in the final week of June (can't believe we are about to hit the mid year mark soon--this year seems to just fly past) and also the final week for this month's BM# 29. My theme for this week is 'Bookmarked Recipes' and I tried 3 different recipes that have been in my bookmarks folder for a very long time.
For the first I made this dry Sorakaya curry from Sharmi's blog. What caught my attention was the addition of roasted pesarapappu (moong dal) powder to the curry. I knew the combination would taste great, but it took me all these years to actually make it -- not sure why I kept postponing it. If you notice in her post I was the first one to comment, so it has been in my bookmark folder for as many years as the post on Sharmi's blog.
- 3 cups Lauki Sorakaya/ Doodhi/ - chopped
- ½ cup Moong dal
- 2 - 3 chilies Green - slit vertically
- ¼ cup coconut Grated
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 red chili Dry
- 6 - 8 Curry leaves
- to taste Salt
- Dry roast moong dal until the color slightly changes. Let cool and grind to a coarse powder.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a saute pan, add mustard seeds and once the seeds start to splutter add curry leaves and dry red chili.
- Next add chopped doodhi along with green chilies, turmeric powder and salt. Cover and cook on medium flame until the veggie is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the roasted dal powder and grated coconut. Cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and serve with steamed rice or roti.