This sweet and tangy chutney is a must with any chaat. Balance is the key for this chutney, so adjust the quantities according to your personal taste preference.
Recipe adapted from Tarla Dalal's site:
- 2 cups Dates - chopped (deseeded)
- ¼ cup Tamarind pulp
- 1 cup Jaggery (adjust as per taste)
- 1 tsp chili powder Red
- a pinch Asafoetida Hing/
- to taste Salt
- In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients along with 4cups of water. Bring the mixture to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 20~25 minutes or until dates are very very soft.
- Cool the mixture and blend it into a smooth paste. Strain through a sieve to remove any strings or seeds.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2~3 weeks.
Tried this recipe?Mention @cooks_hideout or tag #cookshideout!
Such a must have chutney in the refrigerator! My son would eat anything and everything with this chutney 🙂
oh yummy!!! I love these chutney recipes and i love dates and tamarind!