Blogging Marathon# 58: Week 4/ Day 3
Theme: Bookmarked Dishes
Dish: Thai Zucchini Curry with Red Curry paste
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Hope you have yummy food and lots of fun with your loved ones. We are going to a Thanksgiving party hosted by a dear friend, so we will definitely be having lots of yummy food and fun today.
I am also thankful that I had this curry recipe in the drafts for today's post, otherwise I would have been scrambling to get this post done 🙂 I made this Thai Red Curry with Summer squash from Food52 couple of months ago. It came in handy today since I had bookmarked and tried it then.
Recipe adapted from here:
Thai Zucchini Curry with Red Curry Paste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 2~3 tablespoons Red Curry paste
- 2 Medium Zucchini, diced
- 2 cups Low sodium Vegetable broth or water
- 2 Medium Ripe Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Red lentils
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Palm Sugar, grated
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- 15 oz. Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Spinach or Kale, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat. Add the onions and cook till they turn translucent. Stir in the red curry paste and cook for 2 minutes. Next add the zucchini and 1 cup of vegetable stock (or water) and cook for 4~5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and lentils. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15~20 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Season with soy sauce, palm sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in the chickpeas and chopped greens and cook till the greens are wilted. Serve hot with rice.