Blogging Marathon# 58: Week 4/ Day 3
Theme: Bookmarked Dishes
Dish: Thai Zucchini Curry with Red Curry paste
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Hope you have yummy food and lots of fun with your loved ones. We are going to a Thanksgiving party hosted by a dear friend, so we will definitely be having lots of yummy food and fun today.
I am also thankful that I had this curry recipe in the drafts for today's post, otherwise I would have been scrambling to get this post done 🙂 I made this Thai Red Curry with Summer squash from Food52 couple of months ago. It came in handy today since I had bookmarked and tried it then.
Recipe adapted from here:
Thai Zucchini Curry with Red Curry Paste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 2~3 tablespoons Red Curry paste
- 2 Medium Zucchini, diced
- 2 cups Low sodium Vegetable broth or water
- 2 Medium Ripe Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Red lentils
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Palm Sugar, grated
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- 15 oz. Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Spinach or Kale, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat. Add the onions and cook till they turn translucent. Stir in the red curry paste and cook for 2 minutes. Next add the zucchini and 1 cup of vegetable stock (or water) and cook for 4~5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and lentils. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15~20 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Season with soy sauce, palm sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in the chickpeas and chopped greens and cook till the greens are wilted. Serve hot with rice.
Love Thai curry and you fish looks delicious
Love the creamy curry and what a timely recipe. I have frozen some red curry paste and this is going to be something that I will be trying soon.
Red Thai curry is a favourite dish in our home. .. Looks delicious.
Omg, this curry is just asking me to make it soon..ultimate curry to have simply with some rice.
Thai curries are in my todo list. bookmarking this
I haven't really tried zucchini based curries and this one is really interesting and loaded with protein.
I love the addition of chick peas in there and the thai flavors and coconut milk just calls my name 🙂
There is no red curry paste in the ingredients list
Thank you for pointing that out. I've updated the recipe now.