Blogging Marathon# 58: Week 4/ Day 3
Theme: Bookmarked Dishes
Dish: Thai Zucchini Curry with Red Curry paste
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Hope you have yummy food and lots of fun with your loved ones. We are going to a Thanksgiving party hosted by a dear friend, so we will definitely be having lots of yummy food and fun today.
I am also thankful that I had this curry recipe in the drafts for today’s post, otherwise I would have been scrambling to get this post done 🙂 I made this Thai Red Curry with Summer squash from Food52 couple of months ago. It came in handy today since I had bookmarked and tried it then.
Recipe adapted from here:
Thai Zucchini Curry with Red Curry Paste
- 2 Zucchini Medium , diced
- 1 Onion Medium , chopped
- 2 Tomatoes Medium Ripe , chopped
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 15 oz . cans Chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Spinach Kale or leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup red lentils Uncooked
- 2 cups Vegetable broth water Low sodium or
- 2 tsps Soy sauce
- 2 tsps Palm Sugar , grated
- 3 tbsps Cilantro , finely chopped
- To taste Salt Pepper &
- Heat 2tsp oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add the onions and cook till they turn translucent.
- Stir in the red curry paste and cook for 2 minutes. Next add the zucchini and cup of vegetable stock and cook for 4~5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and lentils. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15~20 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Season with soy sauce, palm sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in the chickpeas and chopped greens and cook till the greens are wilted. Serve hot with rice.