Recipe is from Wholegrains Baking by King Arthur flour. Pancakes turned out soft and delicious; addition of molasses made them look darker and burnt but they were just perfect. I froze the leftover pancakes wrapping 2-3 per pack in foil and placed in a freezer safe zip-lock bag; microwaved for a minute or toasted until thawed would make them perfect for a weekday breakfast.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flours, baking soda & salt.
- In a measuring cup, add buttermilk and melted butter.
- Whisk egg with molasses in a small bowl.
- Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add all the wet ingredients. Stir the batter swiftly with a few strokes, just until the dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened.
- Heat a non-stick or cast iron griddle on medium heat. Add 1tsp oil and wipe the griddle with a paper towel so that the whole griddle is nicely greased. Pour about ¼ cup of batter and cook until bubbles form, about 2-3 minutes. Gently flip over and cook the other side for another 1 minute.
- Serve with maple syrup or any fruit compote.