Blogging Marathon#65: Week 2/ Day 2
Theme: Kid’s Summer Vacation Recipes
Dish: Chocolate Pudding Pops
Both my kids son love chocolate and these pops are perfect afternoon treat for a warm summer afternoon. They are very easy to make, make some chocolate pudding, pour into molds, freeze and serve.
Nupur made them in the microwave, but I cooked the pudding on the stove. It takes about 10~12 minutes of hands-on time and they were quite a big hit with the kids. My daughter wants me to make strawberry pops next. That will be my next popsicle recipe 🙂
Recipe from One Hot Stove:
Chocolate Pudding Pops
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsps Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Cocoa Unsweetened powder
- A pinch Salt
- 2 cups milk Whole (I used a combination of whole and unsweetened almond )
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium size saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt. Whisk well to combine.
- Stir in the milk.
- Place the pan on the stove and cook on medium flame, whisking constantly, until the pudding starts to thicken up. This takes about 6~8 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, then pour into the popsicle molds and freeze for 4~6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to eat, warm the popsicle lightly under hot water for a few seconds, then pop it out and enjoy!!