Quick and easy to make Chocolate Pistachio Burfi Rolls. These rolls will be ready with a just a few ingredients and less than 30 minutes.
Happy Diwali to All. Hope you have a fun filled festival. I made these delicious chocolate pistachio burfi rolls to celebrate the occasion.
A lot happened in the past week. I moved to a new blogging platform and migrated my blog from Cucumbertown to WordPress. This was a move I always dreaded but thankfully my husband was around during the whole process and he took care of it.
Coming back to today's post. I wasn't really prepared or even in the mood to make anything for Diwali -- could be the migration process or the chilly, lousy weather we've been having for the past few days.But when I woke up this morning, it was sunny (still very cold) and that cheered me up. I made 2 sweets and 2 savory dishes by the end of the day. This Chocolate Pistachio burfi roll recipe is from Tarla Dalal's Mithai cookbook.
Chocolate Pista Peda Rolls:
These chocolate pista peda rolls are extremely easy and quick to make, if you have frozen or fresh khoya ready to use. I had a pack of frozen khoya and it took me less than 30 minutes to make these rolls. If you don't like pistachios, then change them up and add whatever nut you like.
Make chocolate badam burfi or skip chocolate altogether and make pista-badam burfi rolls. It is totally up to you. The cooked khoya mixture is so easy to work with -- it's almost like play dough. I'm glad that my daughter was in school when I made these otherwise I wouldn't have any dough left to make the rolls 🙂
If you are still thinking of what to make for Diwali, then make these quick and easy Chocolate Pistachio Burfi rolls and Enjoy the festival.
Other Burfi Recipes to try:
Here are a couple of yummy burfi recipes that you might want to try: 7 cup Burfi or this Til ki burfi
Linking this to Valli's 'Cooking from Cookbook Challenge: 'October -- Week 5'.
Chocolate Pistachio Roll
- 3 cups Khoya, grated I used Nanak brand frozen khoya (340gms) that I defrosted before using
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1~2 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 2~3 tbsp Pistachio, chopped
- In a nonstick pan, combine grated khoya and sugar. Cook on medium flame, stirring continuously, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture starts to leave the pan. This takes about 6~8 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool a little bit, then add rose essence and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal halves. Add cocoa powder in 1 half and mix well to combine. Add pistachios in the remaining khoya mixture and mix well.
- Now divide the cocoa mixture into 3 equal parts and roll each part into 8"x3" rectangle.
- Divide the pistachio mixture into 3 equal parts and form a roll of 1" diameter and 8" long.
- Place the pistachio roll on the chocolate rectangle and roll it up in such a way that the chocolate part covers the pistachio portion evenly from all sides and there are no cracks on the surface. Wrap the roll with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining chocolate and pistachio mixture.
- Once the roll is chilled and firm, slice into ½" slices.
Wow that surely looks awesome Pavani...and I see that you are using wp ultimate..very neat..
[email protected] Big Sweet Tooth
Those rolls look amazing! Would have loved to grab them...
recipe looks delicious and I love the look of your recipe card - in fact I am sending you an email because I am having issues with this plugin - hope you dont mind 🙂
Wow, the rolls look amazing. Perfect Diwali treat.