Chopped Salad with Ginger-Honey dressing is an easy to make salad that is colorful and delicious.
For the second day of this week’s ‘Homemade Takeout Recipes’, I have a very simple and easy to make Chopped Salad with ginger-honey dressing. There is absolutely no cooking involved in making this salad and the dressing is just finger-licking good.I was researching on the internet on what to make for this week’s theme and most of take home dishes that come up on Google are Chinese dishes. I have quite a few Chinese dishes on the blog, so wanted to make something else. But it took me a while to finalize what I wanted to make.
Then I remembered this amazing lunch I had with a dear friend in NY Botanical garden and I thought why not try them at home. We were there in Spring and their menu had this chopped salad with tropical fruit. It was the first time I ate a salad that was that finely chopped and I loved eating salad with a spoon 🙂
So here’s my version of that salad with the veggies I had on hand. You can make this salad with just about any vegetable you like or have in the refrigerator. Just make sure to dice them real fine and they are all of approximately the same size.The salad I had in NYC had finely chopped mango in it for the sweet factor. Since it is fall, I added chopped pear in the salad. But feel free to add apple or pineapple or even berries.
The best part of this recipe is the ginger-honey dressing. It’s slightly spicy, sweet and tangy. The quantities in the recipe is what worked for me, make sure to taste the dressing before adding to the salad and adjust all the elements to your liking.
Chopped Salad with Ginger-Honey Dressing
For the Salad:
- 2~3 cups Lettuce, finely chopped
- 2 cups Kale, finely chopped
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Small Green Pepper, finely chopped
- 4~6 Small red Radishes, finely chopped
- 1 Small Carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup Corn kernels
- 1 Pear or Apple (or tropical fruits like mango/ pineapple)
For the Dressing:
- 2 tbsp Grated Ginger
- 3 tbsp Honey or Agave Nectar (for vegans)
- 1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar or Apple cider vinegar or Red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- To taste Salt Pepper
- Combine all the chopped veggies in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine grated ginger, honey, vinegar of choice (rice wine, apple cider or red wine), salt and pepper. Whisk until combined. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking continuously. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Stir in few tablespoons of dressing into the salad. Mix well. Serve right away or chill until ready to serve.