A warm piece of this Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread is all you want for breakfast or a snack.
Time for yet another edition of Bread Bakers and this month our host is Kelly who blogs at The Passion Kneaded. She wanted us to bake pull apart breads like monkey breads, bubble breads and so on. I wanted to try my hand at making monkey bread but I don't have a tube pan (I guess I have to add it to my Christmas list). I made this Cinnamon Sugar pull apart bread instead.
I LOVE pull apart breads -- they are so much fun to make and much more fun to eat. I already have quite a few pull apart bread recipes on the blog. I especially love this Buttery Garlic pull apart bread, these Golden rolls (perfect for Thanksgiving) and this stunning Yemeni Kubaneh. This Cinnamon Sugar pull apart bread recipe is from Joy the Baker site. I subbed eggs with egg replacer powder and the bread still turned out excellent. The dough is very easy to work with -- soft, pliable and perfect to roll. The cinnamon sugar filling is just amazing, but the sugar tends to stick to the pan while baking. But I loved snacking on those sticky burnt bits 🙂
My kids absolutely loved this bread. My daughter said it tasted like a donut and I have to agree with her. They want me to bake this bread every week now 🙂 🙂
- Apple Pecan Streusel Pull Apart Bread from Hostess at Heart
- Bananas Foster Monkey Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Cheese Stuffed Garlic Pull Apart Bread from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart Bread from Spill the Spices
- Christmas Tree Bread from Sara's Tasty Buds
- Chrysanthemum Bread from Ambrosia
- Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread from Cook's Hideout
- Coffee Pull-Apart Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Coriander Garlic Pull Apart Bread from The Mad Scientist's Kitchen
- Cranberry Chutney Pull Apart Bread from Spiceroots
- Garlic Pull Apart Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Laadi Pav or Pull Apart Rolls from Sneha's Recipe
- Overnight Monkey Bread Pudding from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Paneer Pesto Pull Apart Rolls from Veena's Vegnation
- Pull-Apart Dill Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin, Garlic, and Sage Pull Apart Bread from Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Pull-Apart Bread from All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Savory Breakfast Monkey Bread from Sonlicious
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected].
Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread for #BreadBakers
For the Dough:
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup White Whole wheat flour
- 2¼ tsp Instant Yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Egg replacer powder whisked in 6tbsp water (or use 2 large eggs)
- 4 tbsp (or 2oz.) unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Filling:
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Freshly grated Nutmeg
- 4 tbsp (or 2oz.) Unsalted Butter, melted
- Combine 2 cups of water, yeast, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl or in the bowl of the stand mixer. Whisk well.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and milk; cook till the butter is melted. Turn off the heat and let cool for a couple of minutes. Add water and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the egg replacer mixture (or whisked eggs) and the melted butter to the dry ingredients in the bowl. Mix and knead to form a sticky dough. Add ½ cup of wholewheat flour and knead to form a soft, pliable dough. If the dough seems sticky, then add in the remaining ½cup of all purpose flour 1tbsp at a time. Knead for 5~7 minutes.
- Transfer the dough into a lightly greased bowl, cover and set aside to rise until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- In the mean time, combine sugar, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg for the filling. Melt the butter and keep ready.
- Gently deflate the dough and roll it out into a 12"x20" rectangle. Brush the butter liberally over the dough and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly all over.
- Cut the dough into 6 equal pieces -- stack the pieces one on top of the other. Then cut the stack into 6 equal pieces. Place the pieces in a greased 9"x5" loaf pan. Cover with a plastic wrap and kitchen towel for 30~45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 30~35 minutes until the top is golden brown and the bread is baked through. Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the bread and turn over onto a plate to cool slightly. Enjoy warm, for the best taste. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
I can see why this is their favorite.
There's nothing better than warm cinnamon bread! This looks so tasty.
I can see why your family would want you to bake this bread weekly. I just wish that I can reach in and grab a couple bites!
Love how it looks and the flavor.. who can say no to cinnamon!
Don't you love how the slices go all twisty and askew while it is baking? Such a gorgeous and delicious bread.
I loved the random alignment of dough pieces stacked perfectly in the pan. How beautifully they rose and got a perfect loaf. And imagine the cinnamon sugar combo 🙂 Delicious bread for sure!
MMm! this is beautiful. Love the way you have arranged the dough. Yum.
The pull-apart looks so perfect and must have tasted yummy with cinnamon flavours.
Looks delicious! So comforting. The look and feel also scream winters! Loved it
Pavani this cinnamon pull apart bread looks so beautiful. Its an easier option to cinnamon rolls. Must try this for breakfast.
Wow what a beautifully arranged loaf. Awesome.
wow, cinnamon and sugar lovely combination..........
Sharmila - The Happie Friends Potpourri Corner
I can feel the aroma from the cinnamon bread.. Looks awesome..
Your cinnamon and sugar pull apart bread reminds me that Christmas is not too far now , love to have this bread with a cuppa with family
This cinnamon bread looks so soft and fresh. Nothing can be better than this.
Beautiful bread and love the cinnamon flavor in it, your house must be filled with cinnamon scent while the bread was baking., awesome.
I missed this edition sadly , altho I LOVE pull apart breads .. rhis is a fab choice pavani