Blogging Marathon# 33: Week 3/ Day 2
Theme: Eggless Cakes
Dish: Eggless Mango Cake with Mango Cream Frosting
Second Cake for this week is a very moist and addictive Eggless Mango Cake. My cousin and her husband have their birthdays within a week of each other in October and we celebrated with this yummy cake at my other cousin’s place. I baked the cakes at home, wrapped them up and took them to my cousin’s place, then frosted the cake at my cousin’s house.
Recipe is adapted from Vaishali’s Mango cupcakes recipe. I made the cupcakes once before and for this cake I doubled the recipe to get 2 8″ round cakes. This is yet another simple recipe to make, just mix wet & dry ingredients separately then mix them together to make the cake batter.
I actually wanted to make a Mango cool cake, but the cake itself was so moist I didn’t want the cake to fall apart, so left it as is. The final cake was a super duper hit with everyone.
Recipe adapted from here.
Eggless Mango Cake with Mango Cream Frosting
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 2 cups Mango Puree
- 2/3 cup Oil
- 11/3 cups Sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
Mango Cream Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese block, set out @ room temperature for 5~10minutes
- 1 cup Cold Heavy cream
- 1~1½ cups Confectioners Sugat
- 1 cup Mango Puree
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Make the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 8" round baking pans and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cardamom. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine mango puree, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and using a whisk mix until you have a smooth batter. Do not overmix.
- Divide the batter equally into the 2 prepared pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool for 5~10 minutes before turning them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Make the Frosting:
- Beat cream cheese along with confectioners sugar until light and fluffy. Add the mango puree & vanilla extract and mix well.
- Beat the cold heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Frost the cooled cakes with the frosting. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.