Bonus Dish for Week 2:
Theme: A-Z Dishes from Andhra Pradesh
Dish: K for Kobbari Kura
This was the dish that I made for K, but as it turns out I had to make Lauju (coconut burfi) for letter L and since I didn’t want two dishes back to back with the same ingredient K had to be changed to Kakarakaya Podi kura. So this simple, quick and easy curry recipe is my bonus recipe for this week.
Any vegetable can be used to make this dish; carrot, cluster beans, cabbage etc being the best suited. There are no masalas and the flavor of the ingredients is what you taste. One of my favorite ways to cook veggies, no fuss recipe.
- 1 cup Green beans - finely chopped
- ½ cup Coconut - grated
- ½ cup Chana Dal (Yellow Split pea) - soaked for ½ hour
- 2 Chilies Green
- to taste Salt
- 1 tsp Chana dal
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 red chili Dry
- 6 - 8 Curry leaves
- Pressure cook chana dal for just 1-2 whistles. Dal should be tender but not mushy. Set aside.
- Microwave green beans until almost tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Heat 2tsp oil in a saute pan, add the tempering ingredients and once the seeds start to splutter add the green chilies, green beans and cooked dal. Mix well and cook until the green beans are completely cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt.