To go with the Korean Miso Soup, I made these Korean style Rice & Veggie Fist balls called Joomuk Bap. I landed on this recipe while I was looking for Korean recipes and really liked everything that went into this dish. My broccoli loving daughter really liked these rice balls.
Joomuk Bap (Fist Rice) -- Recipe adapted from here
- 3 cups Brown Rice Cooked
- ½ cup Carrot - finely diced
- ½ cup Broccoli - finely diced
- ½ cup Cabbage - finely diced
- 2 ~ 3 tbsps Scallions - chopped
- 2 ~ 3 tbsps Mushrooms Dried Shitake - reconsituted
- 1 clove Garlic - finely minced
- ¼ tsp Sesame oil
- 2 tsp seaweed Roasted , powdered
- 1 tbsp Black Sesame seeds
- to taste Salt Pepper &
- Heat 2tsp oil in a saute pan, add the veggies (carrot, broccoli, cabbage, scallions and mushrooms), garlic and cook till the veggies are cooked through and tender, about 8~10 minutes.
- Add the gojuchang (if using), sesame oil, powdered seaweed, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for another 1~2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable mixture to cooked rice. Mix well and let cool a little bit.
- When cool enough to handle, take about one generous tablespoon of rice mixture and form into round balls. Lightly grease your hands not avoid rice sticking. Place to a plate and enjoy with the soup for a healthy & comforting meal.
Tried this recipe?Mention @cooks_hideout or tag #cookshideout!
Looks fantabulous, am a great fan of miso soup, am sure this rice balls makes an excellent pair with the soup. Delicious.
Rice balls are looking delicious with all those veggies and aromatics.
This sounds like an yummy snack and great way to use leftover rice. .
Nice to know your daughter loves broccoli. Usually that is not a veggie liked by kids. Those rice balls look like kura annam muddalu.. 🙂 Rice recipe thought.
This is such a cool recipe. It should work well as school lunch. I am going to try it
Wonderful recipe. .I enjoy Korean food and in fact liked the Korean rice too thst you posted long back. This should be a delicious crunchy snack.
The Pumpkin Farm
this looks good way to feed rice and veggies to the kids...nice idea
Good way to use up left over rice.
Those are some wonderful looking balls..what a nice way to serve rice..and nice to know abt your kiddo..she is a darling!
Global Tastes & Travels Inc.
now these look so good and I have all of the ingredients except the broccoli - will def be trying next time I get some broccoli
These are a very good combo with that delicious soup!!! Colorful way to use-up leftover rice!