To go with the Korean Miso Soup, I made these Korean style Rice & Veggie Fist balls called Joomuk Bap. I landed on this recipe while I was looking for Korean recipes and really liked everything that went into this dish. My broccoli loving daughter really liked these rice balls.
Joomuk Bap (Fist Rice) — Recipe adapted from here
- 3 cups Brown Rice Cooked
- ½ cup Carrot - finely diced
- ½ cup Broccoli - finely diced
- ½ cup Cabbage - finely diced
- 2 ~ 3 tbsps Scallions - chopped
- 2 ~ 3 tbsps Mushrooms Dried Shitake - reconsituted
- 1 clove Garlic - finely minced
- ¼ tsp Sesame oil
- 2 tsp seaweed Roasted , powdered
- 1 tbsp Black Sesame seeds
- to taste Salt Pepper &
- Heat 2tsp oil in a saute pan, add the veggies (carrot, broccoli, cabbage, scallions and mushrooms), garlic and cook till the veggies are cooked through and tender, about 8~10 minutes.
- Add the gojuchang (if using), sesame oil, powdered seaweed, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for another 1~2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable mixture to cooked rice. Mix well and let cool a little bit.
- When cool enough to handle, take about one generous tablespoon of rice mixture and form into round balls. Lightly grease your hands not avoid rice sticking. Place to a plate and enjoy with the soup for a healthy & comforting meal.