Blogging Marathon# 27: Week 2/ Day 7
Theme: Traditional Dishes
Dish: Palli Paakam/ Palli Chikki/ Peanut Fudge
I have another traditional sweet that my mom made during her recent visit. Chikki is one of those dishes I stay away because of my lack of experience with sugar/ jaggery syrup consistency. I always end up with the wrong consistency and thereby messing up the dish.
My mom also makes cashew chikki in similar way. Hopefully I will learn to make these two soon because my husband likes these chikkis a lot.
- 1 cup Peanut
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Roast the peanuts until evenly toasted. This should be done on medium flame, so the nuts don't burn. Set aside to cool.
- Melt jaggery with ½cup of water. Bring this to a boil and simmer until it reaches a hard ball consistency. To test the consistency, put a drop of the syrup in a plate of water and if forms a balls when touched with fingers, it is ready, if it just dissolves then boil it for a couple more minutes before testing again.
- Once the jaggery syrup reaches the desired consistency, add the roasted peanuts and ghee, mix until the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Pour this onto a ghee greased plate and let cool. Once the mixture is completely cooled, break the fudge and enjoy!!!
- Stored in an airtight container, chikki stays well for at least 7-10 days.
Tried this recipe?Mention @cooks_hideout or tag #cookshideout!
my fav snack looks delicious..
I guess this is one sweet we Indians universally love..looks so good..
Feel like munching some,super addictive fudge.
So crunchy and tasty... Lovely Gajak, chikki whatever you can call.
This is an all time favorite for all generations !
The Pumpkin Farm
i am making this tomorrow for my kiddo, he loves them
Love it! My MIL has been asking me to make it for the kiddos and I have been postponing it for a while!!
Wow. I love chicki so does my hubby I ma making this. Love crisp look it has.
lovely chikki...all time fav.....
My all time favourite...looks very nice
Pavani, you whip up all these dishes and couldn't get the right jaggery syrup consistency, I am really surprised. :):))Love the chikkis any time.