BM# 76: Week 4/ Day 2
Theme: Bookmarked Recipes
Dish: Paneer Spinach Sandwich
Today I have a filling and delicious paneer spinach sandwich. This recipe is adapted from Raks Kitchen. Her sandwich looked so tempting and delicious that I had to make with the paneer I had in the freezer. Frozen paneer tends to crumble very easily, so this is a perfect recipe with it.I love paneer bhurji and this sandwich is another great way to enjoy the bhurji. Original recipe from Raks Kitchen had peppers and grated carrot added to the paneer, I used baby spinach and green peas instead. This recipe can be very easily customized to one's taste preference.This paneer spinach sandwich is a quick and easy recipe that is great to serve for breakfast, light lunch or as an afternoon snack. It is also good to pack in the lunch box. Paneer is packed with protein and when the sandwich is made with wholegrain/ whole wheat bread, it is quite nutritious and wholesome.
Paneer Spinach Sandwich
- 1 14 oz. block of Paneer, crumbled or grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 2~3 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1 cup Green Peas
- ½ tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp Red Chili powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Ground Coriander
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- To taste Salt Pepper
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 Wholegrain Bread slices
- As needed Green Chutney
- As needed ketchup
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan; add the onions, ginger+garlic paste and cook till the onions turn translucent, about 3~4 minutes.
- Next add the spinach, green peas and cook till the spinach is wilted about 3~4 minutes.
- Next add the paneer along with the spices (chili powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, garam masala, salt and pepper). Mix well and cook for 3~4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and chopped cilantro. Paneer filling is now ready.
- Spread some green chutney on one bread slice. Top it with paneer filling. Spread some ketchup on another slice of bread and place it on the paneer. Press lightly.
- Butter the top and bottom of the sandwich and toast it on a hot pan under golden on both sides. Once done, cut the sandwich in half diagonally and serve warm or at room temperature.